Educational Seminars and Webinars
- This event has passed.
Compliance Update Lunch & Learn – Plattsburgh NY
March 6 @ 11:30 am - 1:30 pmFree
Come Join Us For A Free Lunch & Learn Compliance Update. Lisa Allen, VP Regulatory Affairs provides the latest regulations and guidance, including information from the IRS Advisory Council (IRSAC).
Are you ready for 2019!?
Washington update and a review of ACA Penalty letters
- IRS Advisory Council (IRSAC) update
- What is your course of action when you open letter 226J from the IRS and see a $1.2 Million dollar penalty?
- How will you complete your Premium Tax Credit form? If you do owe a “B” penalty, how do you pay it?
Review of NYS Paid Family Leave for 2019
- Review of benefits for 2019 and the new Donor benefit
- Bereavement benefits were not signed into law, but are they off the radar? Don’t think so!
Department of Labor Audits
- NYS Attorney General and Department of Labor join forces for Health & Welfare audits
- Top 10 Health & Welfare Plan compliance traps and what it could cost you
- DOL Issues 2019 Adjusted Penalty Amounts, what are they?
Update on NYS Sexual Harassment Policy and Training Requirements.
IRS Form 5500 and new Schedule J, what it means to you
- We will review the proposed changes to the IRS Form 5500
- The remove of the exception rule for employers with less than 100 participants, EVERY EMPLOYER will need to file
- Can you answer yes to the question “Did you comply fully with ACA”, what happens if you have to answer no?!
- A deep dive into the new Schedule J, what will be required and where are you going to get all of that data?
What if you realize, wait I never filed a 5500 before and should have…………$2,194 penalty per day that filing is late!
About the Speaker: Lisa Allen, CAPPP, CAS, CFC, CHRS, Vice-President Regulatory Affairs, Relph Benefit Advisors
Lisa Allen brings over 25+ years of employee benefits experience, 20 with Relph Benefit Advisors, to her role as the legal and regulatory compliance subject matter expert. Lisa manages Federal and State regulatory updates. She provides client council regarding the Affordable Care Act and managing employee eligibility. She has her Certificate of Achievement in Public Plan Policy to assist our Clients offering public sector benefit plans.
Lisa has been a speaker for the WNY NHRA, Allegany Chamber of Commerce, New York State SHRM Conference, Greater Rochester Chamber of Commerce, Rochester and Buffalo Chapters of the National Association of Health Underwriters, Benefit Advisors Network, (BAN), ECFC and ISCEBS Symposiums. Lisa is the Chair of the BAN Compliance Committee and a Member of the ECFC Conference Committee. Additionally, Lisa Allen is serving a multi-year term on an IRS Information Advisory Committee (IRSAC), where she provides constructive observations and recommendations.